Saturday, October 13, 2007

JUST THINKING

 Awwww, this is my daughter Emma when she was 5 1/2 years old in kindergarten. We were living on an army base in FT. Irwin, California at the time and Emma went to school on base. Three and a half years living in the mojave desert was enough for me. I was glad to move back east, lol. Anyways I just wanted to share this picture with you all. She was my first baby. I was 18 1/2 yrs old when I had her. She has grown into a beautiful, loving, caring, giving woman and a great mother to her 3 kids. Emma is 27years old and will be 28 on January 7th.

 

 Then at 40 years old when I thought for sure I was getting the flu, I found out it was because I was pregnant with my second child, Rebecca. Some flu huh, lol. And having a baby at 40. I had 3 doctor's tell me I should get an abortion, because my baby would most likely be born deformed or retarted, or I would miscarry. I told them no fricking way. It has taken me almost 22 years to have another baby after being told I'd never have another child after Emma was born, and there was no way I was going to abort this child. I knew in my heart she would be perfect and she was and is.

I am very proud of my two daughters. Emma grew up to be a wonderful woman with so much love to give, and my Rebecca is just like her. She shows so much love towards Jim and I as her big sister did. I am truely blessed with 2 great kids. And if I had it to do all over again, would I? Your darn tootin I would. LOL. Where is all this coming from? I don't really know. I was sitting here just thinking about my life and how happy I am here to live it. I have a great husband, 2 beautiful kids, 3 beautiful grandchildren. I battled through cancer and I won. I just feel so darn blessed and lucky. I have a wonderful extended family family, and very dear friends both on line and off line. What more could I ask for? Ok yea there is something I really want, and that is to move to a better area where my baby girl can go to a better school. Jim and I have decided that instead of looking for a house when income tax return comes we're just gonnago ahead and get a nice apartment in a nice complex. But I have 2 stipulations on that. 1. It has to be a downstairs apartment, because it is getting harder and harder for me to do steps now, and 2. It has to have a dishwasher, lol. That is a must.

Rebecca woke up this morning with a few more spots. I gave her another dose of Benedryl and Tylenol, put her into a warm oatmeal bath, and she has been fine all day. Tonight before she went to bed I gave her another dose of Benedryl, just in case. She is sound asleep.

Today Jim thought he'd do a good thing and bake some corn muffins. They smelled good and looked good until you went to remove them from the pan, where they crumbled and broke into pieces. He was so upset. He said he followed the directions on the box. I bought 10 boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin mix. They were 10 for a 1.00. He really wanted corn muffins to go with the roast beef I was fixing for dinner. So, I told him I would make another batch. He doesn't know my secret. I use 2 boxes of the mix, and the milk and eggs it calls for, but I also mix in a cup of flour, and a half teaspoon baking powder along with a 1/3 cup of honey. When they were done, I gave him a nice warm muffin smothered in butter to sample. Man did he have a big smile on his face when he swallowed that first bite. He looked at me and said, From now on honey, you make the muffins, lol. I guess he liked them. He ate 2 more with his dinner tonight. Even Rebecca ate 2 of them today, and she never eats anything like that. I was happy.

Well, I guess that is about it for tonight. I am going to go get into my nightgown, pour a glass of diet pepsi and play some POGO for a while then go to bed. Tomorrow afternoon I am getting some "ME" time. Jim and Rebecca are invited over to one of his friends from work who has 7yr old twin girls to watch the Eagles game. Rebecca is so excited she is going to meet these girls. I know she will have a blast too. Take care all, and I hope your having a great weekend.

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

LOVE TO ALL.............................

 

 

25 comments:

  1. love the pics of the girls......gorgeous little girls...

    If I make it here in my little house, I might by a dishwasher myself!!!!!

    you have been through a lot....and you do deserve all that you ask for.....

    and you will feel so much better in a nicer area.  I know I do.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, both your girls are beautiful and they are both huge blessings in your life, I am glad Rebecca's rash is clearing up, I love Jiffy corn muffins with butter and honey, Love Ya Lisa XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that Rebecca is feeling better---thanks for sharing your memories....
    Your blessings are wonderful!!!!
    Have a great sunday
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both your girls are beautiful. :)
    Nice to hear Becca's rash is doing better.
    Bet Jim did like those corn muffins, they sounded yummy!
    Hugs,
    Sug

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those daughters of yours were blessed with a great mama that has a heart of gold too !
    love ya,
    carlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very blessed indeed!
    Love ya,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet Mama you are. Your daughters have been blessed by God. You always show your love for your family in every entry. thank you for sharing the photo's.

    God Bless.
    Toodle's.
    Tia

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful, heartfelt tribute to your family, Cindy.  I know how you feel, though.  Sometimes you just become overwhelmed with love for your life, your family and you friends.  It becomes to emotional that you just have to let it out and tell the world how you feel!

    I really enjoyed reading this..  

    God Bless You Cindy.. :)

    Hugs
    Jackie
    http://journals.aol.com/siennastarr/Hopefloats/

    ReplyDelete
  9. (((hugs)))) This was a beautiful entry.  Sometimes it's so nice to just sit back and be thankful for all that we have.  You kids (and grandchildren!) are so lucky too because they have YOU!!!!!!

    Can I have a corn muffin??? (LOL!!)

    ((hugs))
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pic of Emma and Rebecca does fav her in the face. I think your girls are great too. This was a sweet entry I loved it.
    Take care, Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharng your day with us..and indeed part of your life.  We sure are blessed to be surrounded by so much love and friendship. We must never forget to thank our great God for all he does for us.  Have a lovely afternoon...sit back and enjoy.  Much Love  Sybil xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. its cool to reflect about your life and i liked reading it.....both of your girls are totally something to be proud of.....you are a great mom! Enjoy your me time today.
    love,lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its good to reflect back once in a while. Helps to keep things in check I think.
    Have a great day today.
    hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww great pics :) My mom had me when she was 40 and heard all of that from the doctors too.
    I love the jiffy corn muffins :)

    Hugs,
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those pictures were so wonderful to see.  I'm so glad I know you.  You inspire me and make me proud of you to.  Such a wonderful attitude about life.  It'll keep you healthy for decades.  

    Big love from Georgia and wish you all were living near me!

    Nelishia
    http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PrayingandBelieving/

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are right, you are so blessed to have such wonderful daughters and Jim :) I love seeing the pics!
    I am CRACKING up over the corn muffins, you holding back the secret key, gotta love that!
    Hugs
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  17. I read the entry before how Rebecca gave you that scare.  Glad you figured out what may have caused it.  My daughter is allergic to so many things, even at her age of late 30's.  I eat corn muffins crumbled or whole...they are good! Yes, you are blesssed in so many ways.  Your story of thinking you had the flu, happened to my MIL with her last child.  I hope you all have a beautiful week ahead...hugs and love,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  18. yes you are blessed! and your muffin's sound yummy!

    ~make it a great day!~
             Sharon
    http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ImASurvivor/

    ReplyDelete
  19. hope you get to enjoy your me time
    some flu is right that is the best flu ever huh :)
    ttyl
    emily

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Cindy.  guess what, I thought I had the flu with my second one too.  It wasn't the flu! lol  I'm glad to hear you are doing good.  love, Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are very blessed Cindy... you have great girls and grands!!!

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cindy you are so blessed with your two girls and a loving husband ~ the apartment you are looking for sounds like such a good idea ~ hope you find just what you want ~ Loved the pictures of Emma and Rebecca don't they look alike ~ Ally x

    ReplyDelete
  23. and you should feel blessed

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a small world. I live about 30 minutes from Ft. Irwin, California. I agree with you it really sux here. But my whole family is here and as I am a mother of 3 I am very into my children staying close to their grandparents. I wish I was able to see my grandparents more often. I am only 27 and I only see my grandparents maybe ance a year IF I am very lucky. They only live 9 hours away but it is so hard to get time off from work. My oldest son had a horrible rash one day when he came home from school and I freaked out. There was a letter in his backpack that said chickenpox was going around in school and at the time my youngest son was only a couple months old. I took him to the hospital and found out he had a kiwi for lunch. Now we know he is allergic to kiwis LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much for sharing your Corn muffin's secret. It sounds really good & if you don't mind I'd like to try it out on my hubby as well LOL. Also I love playing games at Pogo too. Next time your there say hello. My ID there is: robsgirl10706  You have a beautiful family btw & you have every reason to be proud.

    ReplyDelete