Sunday, July 9, 2006

What a great sunday

Hubby, Jim, Rebecca and I had a nice day today. We took a drive to a place in Berlin, New Jersey called the Berlin Mart/Auction. Did alot of walking around, bought Rebecca an icecream cone with rainbow sprinkles on it. Which I might add she ate the whole thing. We did'nt see anything we really liked, and my back and hips were giving me problems from the walking, so Jim asked if I wanted lunch yet. I told him I was starving, but I wanted to go some place nice with air conditioning and sit down to eat. Right away Rebecca says, Wendys is nice and I can have chicken nuggets and french fries. Kid loves her chicken nuggets, lol. We're driving along and we see a nice place called The WhiteHorse Restaurant. So, hubby pulls in and parks. We go inside and we're greated by a very nice hostess who seats us at a quiet booth in the corner. Already I'm happy, with just the seats. She handed us menu's, which I must say were so beautifully detailed. Jim decides on a California Burger, that sucker was huge. It came with lettuce, tomato, sliced onions, sliced bellpeppers, french fries, coleslaw and a pickle. He chose raspberry iced tea for his drink. I'm looking and I see a spot for childrens meals, ah hah they have chicken nuggets and french fries, so I order that for Rebecca and a glass of applejuice. When it was placed in front of her, she was excited. The french fries were smiling face fries. Round with holes for eyes and a mouth. Well, she got a big kick out of that, oh yea, she also ate half of daddy's pickle, lol. Now for me. Beings I have'nt dentures yet, until I get remaining 6 teeth pulled, and can't do that until blood pressure is controlled, I look for something soft on menu. Well, I found it! I ordered a Roast Turkey platter. Chose my veggies and dressing for my salad. I also chose unsweetened iced tea with lemon. In a few minutes the waitress returned with a huge basket of sweet bread and sour dough bread, and a platter of salad, and our drinks. Oh my gosh, I looked at my hubby he looked at me, and said ok, i'll help. He took his fork and helped me eat it. Rebecca ate all the cucumbers. About 10 minutes later the waitress returns carrying this huge tray. She hands Jim his burger, Rebecca her chicken nuggets and smiling face french fries, then she places a platter in front of me, and 3 small bowls, which contained mashed potato's, brocolli, cranberry sauce. I was like WOW!!!!!!!! This is all mine? She said oops, I forgot something, and returns in a minute with a bowl of coleslaw. Well, I was so hungry, I started eatting. I'm really picky about stuffing, but when I tasted that stuffing, I thought I died and went to heaven. It was like a bread pudding type stuffing made with applesauce and sliced almonds. My gosh it was delicious. 5 large thick slices of the most tender moist turkey. The gravy was absolutely fantastic. Rebecca helped me eat the brocolli, actually she ate almost all of it. She loves brocolli. My hubby looks over at me, cause he knows how picky I am and says, "well how is it"? I looked over at him and said, "Honey please don't wake me up, I'm in heaven". He laughed and looked very happy that I was pleased. I am usually one of these people who work a waitress ragged, sending this or that back, asking for something else instead. Today I was blissfully happy. And guess what? I ate the whole thing, lol. We go a container and took the rest of Rebecca's lunch home along with the leftover dinner breads. This place is owned and operated by Turkish people. Well, let me tell you, they can cook!!! And that stuffing? I will be experimenting in my kitchen on that, and I will perfect it. Yes, I'll share it when I do. Hubby left a nice tip, paid the check and to the car we headed, but not before the hostess handed Rebecca a cookie. With chocolate sprinkles on it!!! Talk about eyes lighting up, that childs did. We decided we'd call it day. Rebecca needed a nap, and guess what? I did too, lol. Took me a 2 hour nap, which is the reason I am up posting in my journal and it's now 1:40am, lol. Dinner was quick and easy, hubby and Rebecca wanted grilled ham and cheese with sliced tomato sandwiches and tomato soup. That worked for me, cause I was still full from lunch. But I am going to go to bed. Rebecca will be poking me in face in the morning to wake me up if I'm sleeping. So, I got to be awake before her, lol. So goodnight my friends. (((((((HUGS)))))))) to all.

11 comments:

  1. i'm jealous girl.....nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a wonderful day and what a great restaurant you ate at. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful day!
    tam
    http://journals.aol.com/buttrflykizzes29/KissofaButterfly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful day you all had ~ the restaurant sounded lovely ~Ally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, i am so glad you had such an awesome time! Good for you..the food sounds divine.

    Love,lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww.. I'm glad you all found some place great to eat at. It's nice when you can enjoy the food.
    Take care, Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful day!!!  I'm glad you found a really good restaurant!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great day to me!
    Missie

    ReplyDelete
  9. MY GOSH THAT SOUNDS DELICIOUS. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD NOT READ THIS WHEN THEY ARE STUCK AT HOME AND TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THEY WANT TO EAT..LOL I AM HAPPY YOU HAD SUCH A NICE DAY.
    TOODLES
    NOELLE

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Lunch sounded amazing. I love stuffing also. Have a great week. Hugs, Detje Bea

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice day.  It's always nice to find a nice place to have a good meal.
    Barb  

    ReplyDelete