Sunday, July 30, 2006

I'm finally home

 PhewOh my gosh, I am so glad the weekend is over. Those 3 children wore me to a frazzle. Between cleaning up about a zillion toys, spills, dirty clothes and messy hands and faces, I'm exhausted. For all you parents out there who have more than 1 small child at home that you care for 24/7, god bless you. Thats alot of hard work. Between the cooking, cleaning, diapers, dishes, I did'nt know my name half the time. LOL. I love my daughter Rebecca who is gonna be 5yrs old in September, and my grand daughter Marissa who will be 5yrs old in October and my grandson Daniel who is 15mos old, but all together for a weekend? Calgonnnnnnnnnn take me away. My daughter Emma picked Rebecca and I up at 6:15pm friday night. She and Dan practically ran out the door to go off on their honeymoon. I cooked the kids dinner, an easy one at that, turkey and cheese sandwiches and chicken noodle soup. About 8:30pm I got the girls in their pajamas, got their teeth brushed and at 9:pm they were in bed. Well, those two giggling nuts, were in and out of the bed, playing with toys, turning on lamp in that bedroom til 11:15pm when they finally went to sleep. I actually took the lightbulb out of the lamp, so they could'nt turn the light on again, lol. Daniel fell asleep around 10:30. I watched some tv until about 12:30, then I decided to try to get some sleep. Well, I tossed and turned all night, that couch was so uncomfortable. And 5:20 comes along and Daniel wakes up. He is soaked from head to toe and wanted a bottle. So, I changed his clothes and diaper made him a warm bottle of milk, laid him up on the couch thinking he'd go back to sleep. Nope, that little stinker drank that bottle and was wide awake. At 7:am here comes the girls into the livingroom. I had'nt even had a cup of coffee yet and their asking for cartoons and breakfast. One look from me and they went back into the bedroom to play, lol. They know if I have'nt had coffee yet, don't get on a nerve. So, I finally got up and fixed a pot of coffee. And turned on NOGGIN for the kids. When I finished my second cup of coffee, I made them breakfast. Bacon, Eggs, Toast. They complained they wanted pancakes too, ungreatful monsters, lol. No, pancakes, sorry. Cleaned up that mess, picked up more toys, changed Daniel about amillion times, and it was lunch time. Grilled cheese and chips, pickles. I heard well where's the tomato soup? I can't eat grilled cheese with no tomato soup!! One look and they shut up, lol. Nap time, YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Marissa in her bed, Rebecca on the couch so they can't play and giggle, and Daniel is in his bed. Ahhhhhhh peace and quiet, for about 30 minutes and Daniel wakes up, grrrrrrrrrrr. Of course he woke the girls up!!!!!!!!!  Dinner time comes around. I made fried chicken, green beans and Lipton's noodle and sauce, the tomato and parmesan one, mmmmmm i love that one. Kids chowed down, and I gave them some lemon pudding after dinner. After Daniel ate his pudding it was into the tub with him. He was a mess!!. Of course, mommom got one too with all the splashing and kicking he did in the tub and thought it was funny, the lil stinker. I had to change my shirt, I was soaked. At 8:pm I popped some popcorn, and the girls had it for a snack. I gave Daniel one of his baby snacks, no popcorn for him yet. 9:pm it was bedtime, girls in bed, and had to take lightbulb out of lamp again. They must of gotten up a dozen times or more, i need a drink, i gotta go potty. 11:45 they finally went to sleep. Daniel fell asleep around 9:30. I tried to sleep, but could'nt, that couch was murder on my back. So, I sat up and watched tv until about 4:30am, when I was so tired I'd pass out. That lasted for 2 1/2 hours, cause Rebecca was up at 7:am waking me up. She then woke Marissa up. Daniel was still asleep, he woke up at 8:30. They got a quick breakfast, after I made the coffee. A bowl of cereal, and I heard is that it???????? Eat it or starve was my reply, lol. After breakfast got them changed, changed Daniel again, and the girls were told to clean the bedroom, which they did. Emma and Dan arrived home at noon. Hip Hip Hoorayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They decided to go to Maryland on their honeymoon. The went to Aberdeen, MD. Stayed at the Travel Lodge Motel. It had a pool, they went swimming, took a drive to Baltimore, MD. They had a great time. I'm glad of that. I was even more glad to come up into my 95 degree apartment and turn on the air conditioners and my computer, lol. Turtles were glad I was home, they needed to eat. And they did, I gave them a little extra. Well, that was my weekend. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna take some tylenol, and relax, ohhhhhhhhhhhhh my aching body. But I enjoyed the weekend, and spending the time with all 3 kids. Dan and Emma were so happy looking when they got home, so loss of sleep for me was well worth it for them. Would I do it again anytime soon? Hellllllllllllllllllll noooooooooooooooo, lol They better give me a year to recooperate, lol.  





11 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time! NOW RELAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hugs, Sug

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad they had a fun time:) you go relax and rest you deserve it:) have a good week

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. They should be happy they have you so they could have a chance to go away. My in laws never offered to take our kids the whole time I was married.
    Take care, Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a terrific time! LOL
    Missie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet all sleep well tonight :)

    You were a great mom/grandmother to do this for your daughter and grandkids

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I think you need a nap. Sounds like a lot of fun but glad to be home of course. I'm happy Dan and Emma had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you all had a busy time and a good nights sleep is in order ...have a wonderful week ahead...hugs,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  8. I AM GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU MADE IT THROUGH THE WEEKEND IN ONE PIECE..LOL  HAPPY DAN AND EMMA HAD A GREAT HONEYMOON. TAKE CARE AND GET LOTS OF REST

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol Cindy I feel worn out for you ~ sound like the children had fun though ~ so glad Dan and Emma had such a good time ~ now you can put your feet up ~ a/c on and have that well earned rest you deserve ~ Ally

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, sounds like you had a busy weekend!  Kids really like to take advantage when they are left alone with someone other than their parents.  Smart idea about removing the light bulb, lol.  

    Hugs,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your account of the weekend is so funny!  I know it was hard...but you write it with such humor LOL!  Get some rest...you deserved it!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete