Friday, June 16, 2006

Me Again........lol

God puts us all in each others lives to impact one another in some way. Look for God in others. The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched--they must be felt with the heart.                  Helen Keller

I came across this quote today and I just wanted to share it with anyone willing to read it. I thought it seemed to fit here in JLand, because we do all share our lives, fortunes and mishaps in our journals. Well, I went to the doctor's yesterday. My results from the Nuclear Cardio Stress Test had not come in yet, geez what is taking so long......... Anyways I did get some good news. I lost 3 pounds, and my blood pressure had gone down quite a bit. I had my doctor write it down for me so I would'nt forget. He has it that I went from 190/110 down to 144/88 now. That was really good news. The bad news of it all is I still can't go get the other 6 teeth pulled yet. The dentist said if bottom number is higher than 80, he under the law cannot pull teeth. So, next month when I go back to the doctor's for another blood test to check cholesterol level and have BP checked again, I'm hoping that bottom number will be down. I go to my family doctor July 13th, and on July 24th it's back to my cancer doctor for a check up. It'll be nice when I can start going to a doctor 1 or 2 times a year instead of every month. I so hate those dag on needles, lol.

My daughter came over wednesday night with some belated birthday gifts for me. I was really surprised. She gave me 3 beautiful art prints in frames, one is for kitchen, one for bedroom and one for livingroom. I also got a picture of little bathroom accessorie statues and framed for the bathroom.  Then she gave me a new photo album which I desparately need, and a ladder style photo frame that will hold 3 photo's. I was so happy and felt so loved. I swear that girl knows just how to touch her mom's heart. She said, Mom, I know you said not to, but I love you. Speaking of my child, she has'nt called me yet this morning, hmmm. Usually she calls me at 7:30 and it's now 8:30. She must be busy with the kids. I'll call her at 9:00 if she has'nt called me by then.

Well, today I will spend the day hanging my artwork, and putting pictures in my new frames and photo album. I might take a walklater and buy a new paint brush too, cause I'm thinking I may paint my bathroom today. I have the paint and rollers and all but I need a paintbrush to get in small places. We'll see how I feel later after doing the usual housework and all. I may be too tired to walk anywhere. I guess that's about all there is to write about for now. I know later I'll find something else to write about, but hey is'nt that what this journal is for, lol. Have a great day.

                                                           

                                                      





5 comments:

  1. I'm catching up here...been so far behind.  Glad you're BP is going down...that's GREAT news.  I know you're anxious for the other test result.  I'm hoping it's ok.
    Happy Belated Birthday to you!!!  I hope you enjoyed it and the gifts sound so lovely.  
    Have a great weekend.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad your bp is down:) hope you get the test results soon:) enjoy your weekend

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for the 3 pound loss and the BP lowering! I'm so proud of you sis. That was awesome of Emma to bring you presents, she's such a great person. Give her a hug from her Aunt Susie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the weight loss and I'm glad to hear your bp came down.  Have a great weekend.
    Missie

    ReplyDelete
  5. good for  you on the weight loss and the BP going down a bit.  Have fun hanging your artwork. That was a nice present from your daughter.

    ReplyDelete