Sunday, August 6, 2006

Any and All

 ParrotYep, that's me!!! Just hanging out here at home, in front of my computer. Shhhhhhhhhh, do you hear that? Nope, I can't, cause you know why? Yhere is no yelling, screaming, jumping off of furniture or the sound of hubby snoring on the couch. That's right, they are out for the day and I am all alone, wooooohooooooooooo doing the happy dance here for sure. Wakka WakkaNo kids, no Hubby!! OMG, how did I get so lucky? Jim and Rebecca took a drive up to the cabin with Uncle Joe and Mommom I. She has never seen the cabin and where Jim and Joe go alot and being the curious ladt she is, they have to take her, lol. I packed Rebecca a lunch box of juice, baby carrots, bananna and a few chocolate chip cookies.

 SpaghettiI've got my pasta sauce on the stove simmering. Meatballs will go in as soon as their done baking. Yes, I bake my meatballs instead of frying them, so I can drain off the excess fat. They actually taste alot better when you bake them. And no, I don't use ground beef, not with my cholesterol being so high. I use ground turkey and add everything I usually would put into ground beef to make meatballs, it pretty darn good too. LOL, first time I made meatballs with ground turkey, hubby did'nt know. So he's eatting them and says the meatballs taste different. So, being the little sneek I am I told him yea I know, I was out of breadcrumbs (seasoned kind) so they will taste different. He says, Oh ok but there still good. lol Men!!!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter Emma gave me some post cards today. Dan and Emma went to South Street here in Philadelphia, which is like a big attraction. I've never been there myself, but I would like to go sometime. They went into a little place to eat and she seen these postcards on a rack so she picked me up a few. They are like advertisement postcards but there really cool. My favorite is the big golden budah, saying How is wealth really measured. So, hey if I have'nt sent you a post card, let me know and I'll be sure to send you one. I am so loving the exchanging of postcards. Each one I received is so beautiful and very special to me. It shows me just how awesome all of you are. I am so glad I joined JLand. You are such great people, and I'm really proud to call you my friends.  You’re The BestI talk about JLand to everyone here at home. They are like how can you like people so much when you have'nt even met them? I told them appearance is'nt everything. It's words that tell you just how nice a person can really be. I told them we share our thoughts, feelings, hopes and dreams and it brings us just as close as friends as actually being with that person or persons. They seemed to understand what I was trying to tell them. That reminds me, I have another postcard to put in the mail tomorrow. This one is going out to Lisa in Dayton, Ohio. I have received 9 postcards now, wooohoooooooo, am loving it.

1.Krissy in Pennsylvania

2.Lisa in Ohio

3. Linda in Michigan 

4. Maria in Washington

5. Sharon in North Carolina

6. Deb in Colorado

7. Chrissie in Kentucky

8. Missie in Pennsylvania

9. Sugar in Kansas City

Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much everyone.

Well, I guess I will go and try to get some cleaning done while I'm alone with no interruptions. My bathroom is screaming for some cleanser, lol. No, not really just needs a wiping down and the floor mopped. 5 minute job there. But my bedroom..............that's another story. Are'nt clothes suppose to go into your dresser? Try telling my 4yr old and hubby that, I swear they can make a mess, faster then I can clean it. And they wonder why my back hurts so much and why I say I'm tired.  Sleeping Guess I'll get to that bathroom now, it won't clean itself, lol. Have a great evening everyone, and a safe, happy week.

                                





5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the diet. I have your postcard on the way ...Glad you got some quiet time today.....Hugs, B. Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know I had the house to myself a good part of the day. Did I enjoy it. Oh yeah. Hope you enjoyed your time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy,
    So glad you got a little peace and quiet for a change. I know what you mean about people not understanding Jland, my family thinks I've flipped into another zone when I talk about people from here or something they've said. It's hard for them to understand an INTERNET FRIEND as they put it. My kids think I spend all my time cybering with guys online...LOL what a hoot! They must think I lead a glamerous life. ;)
    Take care, Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had some quiet time.  LOL on the meatballs.  Men!  Playing catch up on your journal. I've been so far behind on everyone's life.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. A day without kids or hubby!  You're so lucky!  I use ground turkey for everything also.  But then I had blood work done and was told my protein levels were very low.  So now I make sure to eat at least one big steak a week.  Have a good one.
    Missie

    ReplyDelete