Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Today's Happenings

Good Morning. Hope everyone here in Jland slept well. Myself, I slept pretty well last night. I have figured out why I haven't been sleeping well. It was the diet Pepsi. Even though it was sugar free, it still has caffeine in it. So, at 7pm, there is no more pepsi for me. I drink iced water with a couple drops of lemon juice in it. And now by 10:30 I am ready for bed. Once I fall asleep I'm out for the night, yippeeeeeee. Jim said he's noticed my tossing and turning has slowed down alot. I don't drink diet pepsi all day either. For each pepsi I have, I drink a bottle of water afterwards. I didn't make it to my doctor's appt saturday. Jim got called on an emergency job from work, and he needed the van to meet his co-worker at the job, so I had to cancel my appointment.  Here he is at that job on saturday. One of these big trucks needed a windshield, and it takes 2 guys to install windshields in these trucks. He took this picture with his cellphone, and emailed it to me so Rebecca knew what her daddy was doing that day.

AOHELL is at it again. Last night it took me an hour to get pics in that entry I wrote. When it finally let me, I was so frustrated. This morning there's no pictures. So I restarted my computer and the pictures came back. This morning I'm having more problems. Every tag I have that says Good Morning will not show up on this entry. So, I found this lemonade tag, beings I made Jim a jug of iced lemonade to take to work today. I put 5 trays of iced cubes in it, so it stays cold in his thermal jug. I packed him some sandwiches and gave him a piece of fruit, a plum. So, he's happy.

Guess who went for a car ride this morning to take Jim to work? Yep, Honky came along, lol. This morning when Rebecca got up, she came into livingroom carrying Honky and said Good Morning Mommy and Daddy. We said Good Morning Rebecca. She then says, Well, Say good morning to Honky too. So we said good morning Honky, lol. And he honked his good mornings to us, lol. I swear that bird is gonna drive me nutso, lol. She runs around all day honking it's butt.

My camera is all set and ready to get the video of Daniel singing today. I deleted all but 15 pictures. It holds 400 pictures. I put fresh batteries in it, and I have an extra set of batteries in my purse. Jim says the memory cards are only 20 bucks for my camera, so I'm gonna get a couple more to have just in case I ever need them. Which going to Emma's and taking pics of the kids is a definate thing with me. They grow up so fast, I don't want to miss a thing.

When Emma goes to hospital for her c-section next month, I'm going with her. I won't be in the delivery room, because Dan will be in there with her. But I'll have my camera ready for when I see my granddaughter for the first time. I'll be a picture taking fool for sure. I can't believe she'll be here next month. I am so excited. Oh yea before I forget, the baby's name has changed again. Now it is Adrianna Niccole. I'm still trying to talk them into Angelina Marie, lol. I haven't given up hope yet. The day she has her baby, I will be posting pics of her for you all to see. Be prepared, there will probably be over a hundred of them, lol. I can't believe it. I'll have 3 grandbabies and I am only 46 with a 5yr old child of my own. Oh well, it's ok though, because being a grandmom is the best feeling. All those lil one's saying I love you Mommom just melt's my heart.

LisaJo you didn't miss an entry about Rebecca's haircut. I never posted one. But here's why her hair is cut now. Weeks ago I trimmed her hair and layered it so it didn't not up as much. Then one night my granddaughter spent the night. Marissa and Rebecca were in the bedroom playing and it got quiet. Hmmmm in this house if a child gets quiet, their either sleeping or into something. Well, they weren't sleeping, it was too early for bed. So, I get up go check on them and what did I find. Rebecca with a new haircut, lol. There was chunks taken out of her hair. It looked horrible. I was so mad. Rebecca went into the kitchen closet and got my scissors and they had a good ol time with them. I could not fix her hair, it would take someone who was really trained in cosmetology to fix her hair. So Emma came over and took her lil sister and my credit card to Hollywood Hair Salon. And a girl there fixed Rebecca's hair. She said to bring Rebecca back in 6 weeks, so she can trim it one more time to even it out better, then after that let it grow in and just trim the ends once every couple month's if it needs it. I am so grateful she was able to fix Rebecca's hair. I didn't want her going to school with chunky hair lol. I think she looks cute with her short haircut, but her daddy wants it long again. He says she looks older with short hair and he wants her to stay his lil girl. He said he misses her pony tails.

I know Angie put this donation on her Giving Tree site for me a while back, but maybe some of you don't get that alert. So, I am going to put it on here also. I have a bag of baby clothes for a boy. Onesies, sleepers, shirts and pants. If you or anyone you know is in need of them please let Angie or I know. You can email either one of us. Canyonsun04@aol.com  or me at Emabecmar@aol.com

These clothes are in very good condition. Most are brand new and have never been worn. I don't want to donate them to thrift store's because our thrift stores are expensive to buy anything at now since they remodeled the stores. I would rather mail them to someone who can use them.

Ok, my oldest child has just called me to see what I am doing today. I told her I was writing an entry in my journal, then I would be leaving to come to her house when I finished. She told me hurry up, lol. So, I better cut this book short, lol and head on over there. It's going to be dangerously hot today here on the east coast. So please, if you go out in this heat, dress in light colored clothes and take water with you. And if it isn't an emergency that takes you out, then stay indoors with your A/C on. We're going to load the kids with sunblock and let them play in the pool for a bit before it gets too hot. There saying 99 or higher today. Take care and have a wonderful day.

Love you all.................................

28 comments:

  1. have a great day:)

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take lots of pics.  It is cooling down here today and raining cats and dogs.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Rebecca's hair! I'm glad that you were able to get it fixed for her...bless her heart. :o) Have fun today!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, I like Rebecca's hair short, looks cute on her, have a good Tuesday, Hugs Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think she looks adorable with the new hr cut!
    Have a delightful Tuesday.
    Hugs,
    Sug

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all from over the pond here let me say Godd AAgternoon HONKEY and REBECCA  LOL!! What a great picture that is of Jim he sure looks happy>AOHELL have been a pain to everyone almost this week Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.It wpouldn't let me into journals this morning to comment.O have  done a good morning graphic today I hope mine doesn't dissapear.You ar egoing to be busy with that camera arn't you ?Love th ebaby name they ahve chosen.Also the one you like too.My Graandaughter and her little friend once had a lovely day playing hairdressesrs LOL. When my daughter called into her room to see why they were so quiet she was minus her fringe Haaaaaaaaa.It took weeks fot th ehairdresser to get it to grow back correctly.What is it about little gilrs that they love to cut there hair.Haa Have a great Tuesday don't fry PHEW those are hot temps.Take Care God Bless Kath
    astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy you are sleeping better.  have a good day with emma
    hugs
    noelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy you are sleeping better.  have a good day with emma
    hugs
    noelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rebecca is too cute with her new animal friend - I love when kids get attached to something, my girls haven't really clung onto something like that.  I can just imagine your anger at the new do Rebecca and Marissa concocted - it looks good though.  I will keep Emma in my prayers - how is she doing? I know there was a scare with her a few weeks ago.  Can't wait to see pics of her and the new baby.  Good advice on a hot day like today.  I just talked to my Dad in Philly and he said its SCORCHING hot.  I'm in Virginia and am planning to stay in for the rest of the day minus going out to retrieve a child from the bus.  Stay cool - Leene

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did notice Rebecca's haircut. I thought it looked cute. Gonna be hot here today also. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I slept pretty good despite falling asleep without my earplugs.  I usually gotta have them!  I love the names Emma picked out.  I can't wait for my nephew to get here.  Any day now.  Keep cool and have a great day!
    Hugs,
    D
    http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is MISRABLE outside, the humidity is THROUGH THE ROOF :( Sucks. I can't wait to see the baby!! I like both names, partial to Angelina, but go figure!
    Hugs Sis

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its hot and humid here too, but not that hot! Gaz ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're HOT over here too! I knew you didn't say anything about Rebecca's hair. It's cute, but I'm like Daddy I like long hair on girls only because I love to braid hair and curl it. Those two are B-A-doubleD hehehe... glad you were able to get it fixed. I wonder how come they didn't get to Marissa's hair or is she next time. (raised brow and grin)
    Sorry you didn't get to the doctors. That's cure Jim sent a pic of him working. At least you know where he's at.
    Was gonna tell you go to Walmart and look for the cheapest 1GB you can find they run like $16.00. They also sell one that is like $25.00 same thing so watch which one you pick up. They sell 2GB and a 4GB too, but they're more expensive. I want a 4GB, they run like $35.00. I think that would be good to have to record mini movies on. It's suppose to hold like 1,000 pics or more depending on your camera size.
    I can't believe it's already almost time for the baby. It went fast to me, I remember when you announced she was expecting. Time really does fly by. I have a niece named Adrianna. Well her name is Olivia Adrianna. Bring on those pictures... don't care how many there are. I wanna see too.
    Hope you have a great day. Stay cool.
    Take care, Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I for one noticed Rebecca's new doo right off. I even went back to previous enteries to see if I had missed the one about her new "Chic" hairstyle. I think it suit's her pretty little face perfectly. She look's like a living doll.

    Tia

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was going to ask about Rebecca's hair too !!  I thought I missed that.
    My daughter did the SAME thing and I was so upset... It was cut short like your girls is now when we were done "fixing" it. Let me tell you she never did that again, and now? It's real long, she hates to cut it at all now.
    Big hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope they decide on a name for her soon.  My daughter's baby is due Sept. 1. I'm so sorry that Rebecca lost her hair that way.  I did my own at 20 months old. lol.  And I have pictures.  lol  It's so hot here too.  And hazy.  I don't do well in the heat either.  Take care of yourself.  We're pool-less here so I'll just  stay out of it as much as I can.  Big hugs, Nelishia

    http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WishingandHoping/

    ReplyDelete
  18. awww. Honky sounds pretty darn cute!
    I have trouble with caffience and sleeping too.
    take care
    tina

    ReplyDelete
  19. {{{ Cindy }}}  You have the best of both worlds right now... I little one to enjoy of your own... and grandbabies to spoil!

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cindy I think Rebecca's new hair do looks lovely and it will soon grow again if she wants it long again ~ sounds like she really loves her new friend Honky :o)  Ally x
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/ally123130585918/Lifewithally

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awwe, I wish I was getting a new grandbaby....lol..Really, they are so precious.
    I just love to snuggle a newborn..
    Have a wonderful day!
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Cindy,  i had to cut down on soda too cause i would get a sharp pain my right kidney and i figure maybe it was kidney stones. So now i just drink mostly water but i drink a soda every now and then. Yeah its been really hot here lately too so I just been staying inside all day in the A/C. They are saying that it could be around 103 here in some places with heat index around 110. Hope all is going well for you. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh goodie, i didnt miss an entry...she is a doll with the short hair....she is also a doll with it long....in a small small way, Rebecca resembles me when i was little....she is cuter though....i had hair past my butt at age 5 and hated it. I cant wait to see Daniel's video.....sometimes a doctor will let more than one person in at a time when a person gives birth so maybe you can go in and see your granddaughter born.
    LOVE,lisa

    ReplyDelete
  24. lol who is honky?


    Hugs,
    Christopher

    http://journals.aol.com/cmarlow330/ChristophersJournal/

    ReplyDelete
  25. i have a girlfriend who had a baby boy, july 21st, he's so cute

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just figured out what your name Emabecmar means, I think.  Stands for Emma, becca, and marissa?  Am I right??  lol  Everyone else has probably already figured it out, but I'm the sharpest crayon in the box a whole lot of the time! lol

    Hugs
    jackie

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love Rebecca's hair! I think it frames her face better! When it is long it's cute too...but more flat.
    Try the caffeine free Pepsi. It's pretty good! I had to watch my caffeine too. It causes me to be a bit anxious.
    Stay cool today.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  28. Rebecca's cute with her short hair!  Wasn't too cute on how it got there though!  That's one universal truth about children . . . when it gets quiet, they're either asleep or into something.  No need to guess which category is the most prevalent though!!

    Dirk

    ReplyDelete