Thursday, May 10, 2007

Going to bed/Daniel

I am officially calling it a night. The sandman has won, and I am exhausted. But before I turn in, I want to let you know about Daniel. When I left the house I went directly to CVS and picked up Calamine Lotion and cotton balls. I just had a feeling it was poison ivy. When I got to Emma's, one quick glance at Daniel and Yep, poison ivy. He was scratching it and it was spreading. I soaked a cotton ball with calamine and started dabbing away. In a few minutes he stopped scratching. My poor lil man. He looked at me when I came in the door and said, Itchy Mommom, hurt. He'll be fine in a couple days. I told Emma to go get an Oatmeal bath and wash him all over real good and reapply the calamine. I just hate it when kids get poison ivy, it's so itchy for them. Good Night everyone. My eyes are heavy and sleep calls me.

Love to all..........................CINDY

13 comments:

  1. god love him sissy ty for taking action so fast.....give daniel a hug for me when you can

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby. I hope he has a good night.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little guy. Hope he's feeling better today.
    hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh that poor lil' boy :( Oatmeal bath is a wonderful idea and they will help, just make sure the water isn't to warm because to hot of water wil worsen it.
    Love you
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww poor Daniel! The lotion will help and an oatmeal bath too.

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a day you had!!!!!!  Poor little Daniel.  Believe it or not, (knocking very hard on wood here...) none of my kids have ever had poison ivy so I don't even know what it looks like.  They ALL had chicken pox (brian was 3 months old at the time!) but no poison ivy.  

    Glad mommom figured it all out for Daniel and I hope he's feeling better soon.

    ((hugs))
    jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hope Daniel feels better quickly. One time Rick got it so bad...he had it on his pee wee and all over THAT area and had to go the hospital and be put on IV's and all kinds of antibiotics...it was DISGUSTING...poor dude. I hate to see kids scratch and be so upset over it.
    LOVE,lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. poor Daniel.  Poison Ivy is bad.  When my kids got it I called the docs and they gave me a prescription that took it right away, its been so long though I don't remember what it was called.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. seraphoflove9001May 11, 2007 at 7:44 AM

    aaaawwww...I hope he feels better soon.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. ally123130585918May 11, 2007 at 11:35 AM

    Cindy I am glad you knew how to treat "Poison Ivy" ~ poor little Daniel it must have been very painful for him ~ Ally x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cindy, thanks for visiting my journal, I hope Daniel feels better soon !!!!!! Hugs Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to use Quaker oats the cheap kind and pantyhose and use that as a sponge on the kids in baths it sure was a lot cheaper. Good luck.
    Take care, Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope he has fully recovered now.
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete