Saturday, May 27, 2006

In remembrance of.......

 Memorial Day Salute Memorial Day Salute Navy Army Marines POW 

Memorial Day weekend is here, which now means summer will soon be arriving. But this day is just not to celebrate with swimming and backyard BBQ's, it is for remembering those who served in wars such as WW1, WW2, Korean War, Vietnam War, and also for those who are overseas right now. It's for remembering our fallen hero's, those who died, those who were injured, those who were captured and imprisoned in a POW camps. To all these men and women I sallute you, and I thank you.

Memorial Day and Veteran's day are very special to me. My father was a Korean War Veteran, who served in the navy. My father in law is a Korean War Veteran, who served in the Marines. And I am proud to say my hubby is a Vietnam War veteran, who served in the Navy. My hubby has told me stories of how protestors would spit at the military men and women, calling them  names. Well, in my opinion those who did so were cowards. Where were they during the Vietnam War? They sure were'nt fighting for the country that they claimed to love so much, instead they were putting those down who believed in our country, who cared. I for one am a proud american, proud for having men and women with the courage to fight for this country, fight for us, fight for our freedom. God Bless them ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a safe and happy Memorial Day Holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!





5 comments:

  1. Amen!!!!! Have a great weekend :) how is your mouth? hope its healing up:)

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said!!  Have a great weekend!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a great weekend and we need to think of everyone who has fought for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen sis! Have a great holiday weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you from the bottom of my heart,
    So many have overlooked the Korean war, as though it never happen. But those of us who fought and died there and for those of us that will carry the scars for the rest of our lives, We Thank you for includeing us.

    ReplyDelete